4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 carrots, peeled and cut in large bite size pieces
12 new potatoes, cut in large bite size pieces
1 qt chicken stock
8 oz. low fat cream cheese
2 poblano peppers,l peeled roasted, seeded and chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
salt & pepper
parsley for garnish
- Boil the chicken breasts in the chicken stock until just cooked - do not overcook. Remove them when done and let cool.
- Next place the prepared vegetables in the chicken stock and cook until al dente. Remove them when done and let cool.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil, reduce to simmer and reduce liquid by half. Next add the cream cheese and stir until melted into the chicken stock.
- While this is reducing, chop/pull apart the chicken into large bite-sized chunks.
- Add minced jalapeno and roasted poblanos to the cream sauce, and taste for salt & pepper, and adjusting as needed.
- Once sauce has reduced to desired thickness, add and reheat the chicken. Once well- incorporated, serve over vegetables. Garnish. Four servings.