Mostly about food, this blog is just a place for me to throw things that are of interest to me. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by an look around. This represents just some of the stops on the various pathways that this amateur home cook finds himself.

You may find that these foods tend toward protein and away from carbohydrates - this is due to diabetic issues, so I try to only sparingly use carbs, and good ones at that. Of course, sometimes I forget....

Feel free to drop me a line with any suggestions or just to let me know what you think. Thanks!

If you c


Search This Blog

A Little Navigation...

Yá át ééh!

I want to thank you for the time that you spend here, and hope that you can find useful things here.

Hagoonee'


Monday, October 6, 2014

Texas-Style Chimichurri



Chimichurri is a great accent served with grilled beef or chicken, or even Mexican food!  It can even be used as a marinade, and frankly makes my mouth water just thinking about making it.

A traditional Argentinian chimichurri is made with parsley, fresh oregano, garlic, onion, red pepper, vinegar and vegetable oil.  I have made some small adjustments to this, both for convenience and for taste.  Frankly, I don’t like the taste of parsley but love cilantro – suit yourself.

Yield:  about 1 ½ cups


Ingredients
half a bunch of fresh cilantro, about ½ cup finely minced
1 tablespoon of dried chopped oregano
6 garlic cloves, crushed
½ tsp granulated garlic
½ cup finely diced/minced red onion
2 tsp of chili pepper flakes – I dump on the board with the garlic and mince them all together.  
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
½ cup of olive oil
½ t salt, or to taste
1 t black pepper, or to taste


Instructions
Prepare the ingredients as directed above.  Add all the ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix well.  It will appear very oily – it’s supposed to, just eat it!  Keep it in in the refrigerator and serve with your meal.  Can be kept in the fridge for a few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I became a happy woman again
With tears of joy and happiness I am giving out my testimony to all viewers on line, my problem with Stomach Cancer stage IB and HIV has caused me many pains and sadness especially in my family.
I was so afraid of loosing my life, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting
therapy hundreds of times, unfortunately they did not find a definitive solution to my problem, I cried all day and night, do I have to live my life this way? I searched all true the internet for care, I was scammed by internet fraudsters times without numbers… until a friend of mine who stays in the UK introduced me to a friend of hers who was cured of the same disease, and she introduced me to Dr Itua who cured her from Breast Cancer by this email/WhatsApp +2348149277967,  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. I contacted him and he promised that all will be fine and I had faith.He sent me his herbal medicines through Courier service and i was instructed on how to drink it for three weeks to cure,I followed the instruction given to me and Today am a happy woman again. He cures all kind of diseases like__Brain cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Ovarian cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Herpes,,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis.
Intestinal cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia.

Maria Dominguez said...

¿Está buscando una solución a su problema matrimonial o de pareja? Si su respuesta es "SÍ", no dude en enviar un mensaje de texto. Solución marital. El doctor me ayudó a recuperar a mi ex amante. Los hechizos del doctor son auténticos. Mi esposo me dejó durante 8 meses y estaba devastada y no podía encontrar ninguna salida Tráelo de vuelta. En algún momento estuve deprimido, hasta que encontré comentarios mientras navegaba por Internet donde la gente testificaba sobre cómo el Dr. Robbinson los ayudó a resolver problemas similares a los que estoy enfrentando en mi matrimonio. Lo contacté y nunca dudó en ayudarme a mí también, hoy estoy en paz con mi esposo nuevamente y mi felicidad está restaurada.
Texto/llamada: +12267705795
Correo electrónico: Drrobbinssonspiritualhome@gmail.com