55 minFor Salad:
- 1 pound potatoes
- a couple teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- half-pound Polish or similar sausage, sliced into 1/8-inch-thick rounds
- 4 chopped scallions, use all green and white parts
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- crumbled bacon bits for garnish (optional)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes; boil about 25 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool. Cut potatoes into 1 – 1½” chunks and place in a large bowl.
In a large skillet, heat the 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Brown the sausage slices. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Add the sausage to the bowl with the potatoes along with celery and green onions.
For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and vinegar, and then slowly whisk in oil. Add this and the scallions to the potato mixture and toss to combine. Add bacon bits if desired as topping. Serve warm or at room temperature. this is also very tasty with red potatoes.